Online: June 20 - July 2, 2022
What will your day look like?
The program will take place in a distance learning capacity. Participants should plan to attend live, online classes approximately 3 to 6 hours by day. Sessions can occur between 9:30 am and 5 pm (CET). Your detailed schedule of 21 hours each week will be provided to you before the program start.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Professors
- Leading FinTech experts contributing to program
- Designed both for participants specializing in finance and students willing to expand industry knowledge
- HEC Paris expertise in Finance: award-winning programs, number one Masters in Finance Pre-experience 2022 (Financial Times)
Over the past decade, the financial industry has experienced growing competition due to disruptive Fintech. Iconic competitors are emerging from sectors as varied as fundraising, retail banking, private banking, asset management, and even some investment banking practices.
This intensive summer program will prepare participants for careers in the financial industry by familiarizing them with the challenges created by Fintech companies. Participants will learn how to adapt to the Fintech industry, which is becoming more and more structured, with actors developing quickly on every continent. The summer program takes participants on a journey into Fintech entrepreneurship and even startup launching.
Based on in-depth expertise from Fintech managers and traditional banking corporates, program pedagogy combines fundamentals with real-life situations. By the end of the program, participants will master financial techniques and methods to ensure performance delivery for clients in different banking areas. Participants will gain a thorough understanding of capital market products, investment and asset allocation techniques.
Through ready-to-use tools as well as a practical knowledge base, participants will be able to implement finance strategies and make appropriate decisions. Coursework covers the following topics: (1) Fintech Challenges, (2) Fintech: Consumer-oriented Service, (3) Cryptocurrency Recent Developments, (4) Fintech and Retail Banking, (5) Fintech and Investment Management, (6) Entrepreneurship & Startups in the Fintech Industry
In addition to a 21-hour focus on the fundamentals, participants will attend several interactive sessions with professionals from the field of Investment Banking and Corporate Finance. Leading speakers, who can include CEOs, asset managers or strategists, will interact with participants about their recent fund launches.
Participants will master the main pillars of the FinTech business model, fundraising and the FinTech impact on the current finance industry.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will specifically be able to:
- Simulate Fintech business models through basic excel modelling
- Deliver an optimized strategy regarding Fintech strategy
- Understand the main pillars of Fintech success and failures
- Implement the integration of Fintech within a larger entity or division
- Optimize Fintech performance and internal rate of return for investors
- Gain confidence in exchanging with Fintech managers, CEOs, board members …
- Differentiate various Fintech business models
- Master the risks related to Fintech for the traditional banking model
- Minimize risks when investing in Fintech
- Communicate with main Fintech stakeholders
All core concepts will be explained during the class. There is no formal prerequisite for attendance. As the program focuses on recent, real-life case studies, students with a background in economics, corporate finance and accounting, are welcome and will also benefit most from the course. Students who do not have this experience may wish to consider the Corporate Finance Program offered in Intake 1 of the Summer School.
Grading is based on project-work prepared in groups. Several groups will be invited to present their work to the full class. Individual participation throughout the program can lead to a grading bonus.
Participants who successfully complete the program will earn 7 ECTS credits.*
*All students seeking transfer credit are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate the credit transfer.