Our Masters Graduates
The Grande École Program
Admission to the Grande École program is based on a competitive entrance exam in the first or second year of the Master In Management Program. The recruiting process targets high potential students (from France and abroad) with the ability and drive to grasp the major social, political, and economic issues of tomorrow in a multicultural environment. The curriculum is structured so that students can combine proficiency across all management disciplines with substantial expertise in their chosen field.
We strive to give these students the desire to learn and to become inspired and inspiring leaders, creating the conditions that enable them to make connections among themselves and with the wider world.
The curriculum is designed in three distinct but complementary phases:
- A first generalist phase over two years that aims to give students a thorough command of all the disciplines of management;
- An optional year consisting of placement within a company for a professional project, which most students undertake at the end of the first phase;
- A specialization phase in the last year in the field of the student's choice (seven types of specialization are offered) or in-depth international experience via a dual degree or exchange program in a prestigious MBA.
In addition to acquiring unparalleled insight into their chosen areas of expertise, our recent graduates are trained to see the big picture and develop their leadership qualities. This combination of skills will drive their career progress and quickly make them indispensable to your company.
- 40% of students are women
- 36% are international students
- 60 nationalities
- 45% begin their careers abroad
The business sectors chosen by students are varied:
- 35% in finance
- 31% in consulting
- 7% in information technology
- 6% in consumer services
- 6% in service industries
- 5% in consumer goods and products
- 4% in the luxury industry
- 3% in other sectors
SPECIALIZED MASTERS – MSc
Nine MS and MSc degrees at HEC Paris are high-level specialization programs. They give students from the top French and international institutions, or young professionals with three years of experience, a specialized qualification over one year in a specific management discipline, sector or function. In addition to their academic results, our young talents develop a strong capacity for teamwork.
There are three specialized masters programs in French: International Law and Management; Entrepreneurs; and Media, Art and Creation.
Six MSc programs are offered in English: International Finance; Strategic Management; Managerial and Financial Economics; Marketing; Sustainability and Social Innovation; and Data Science for Business with Ecole Polytechnique.