On-Campus Summer 2024:
- Session 1 June 17 - 28
- Session 2 July 1 - 12
Why this Summer Program ?
HEC Paris offers a hybrid 2023 Luxury Management Summer Program to ensure you can make the most of your stay at HEC Paris to combine cultural and sector-oriented visits with academic resources during your summer school.
A blended learning experience with pre-recorded sessions, face-to-face sessions, teamwork and advice for complementary visits in the city for a comprehensive experience.
This innovative model is ideal as it proposes a mix of on-campus and individual learning, whilst providing plenty of opportunity for a full Paris experience.
- Created and taught by leading professors and experts in luxury business
- Exposure to leading guest speakers
- Real-life case studies in the luxury industry
- Accessible to students of all backgrounds with an interest in luxury
- Opportunity to collaborate with peers through group work
- Final presentation to jury of top industry professionals
The luxury sector is a major aspect of the French economy and requires a specific set of managerial skills and expertise. The HEC Paris Summer Program in Luxury Management is geared towards students who possess the following qualities:
- Intellectual curiosity and a particular interest in luxury business
- An interest in different ways of doing business
- A taste for refined goods and services
The summer program introduces students to key concepts and principles of luxury management. The curriculum seeks to provide in-depth understanding of the luxury industry, its role in society and the key principles defining it, through particular focus on luxury brand management, the touchpoint between brand and customer, the balance between business and creation and the contemporary sales strategies adopted by luxury brands.
Although the program is intended for participants with limited experience in the luxury industry, the course material and teaching methods still provide a challenging experience for those with more experience and more advanced knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the luxury sector, its products and services
- Understand the key specificities of the luxury business in terms of managerial practices
- Apply the key principles of management in the luxury industry to make appropriate business decisions
- Describe and analyze the characteristics of a luxury brand and get a sense of the prerequisites to be able to build one over time
- Develop and formulate a luxury strategy based on the offering’s characteristics and market opportunities
- Master the implications of a luxury strategy from a financial perspective
Participants will be assessed based on the following:
- an individual assignment
- a group business project
This is an accredited program. Students seeking credit are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate the credit transfer.