Entrepreneurship - The Start-up Studio
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris professors
- Accessible to students of all backgrounds who wish to learn more about entrepreneurship, with or without a definite project
- Full spectrum of entrepreneurship’s aspects: management, marketing, strategy, finance, human resources
- High-level courses to master knowledge and know-how indispensable for the creation of a start-up (entrepreneurial spirit, market studies, networking, fundraising…
- Unparalleled opportunity to collaborate with diverse peers as part of student work group
- Real life experience: final presentation to jury of renowned professionals.
A PROGRAM ROOTED IN CURRENT ECONOMIC REALITIES
Entrepreneurship is a mix of all disciplines. Experience has shown that successful ventures require an understanding of management essentials, in particular, marketing, strategy, human resources, and finance, but also the knowledge to leverage best practices gained by skilled entrepreneurs. This is the philosophy of the Summer School program Entrepreneurship - The Start-Up Studio.
This intensive program is designed for participants who are tempted by an entrepreneurial endeavor, as well as young entrepreneurs with a concrete business idea in mind.
As part of the HEC Summer School program Entrepreneurship – The Start-up Studio, students will share their experiences and contribute to the development of new business ideas. HEC professors will ensure that participants leave the program with a thorough understanding of the critical concepts and tools required by a wide range of start-ups ranging from digital innovation and high technology to customer service among others.
Students will be coached in teams on the development of their specific business plans. At program close, participants will present their business plans to the class, and receive final feedback from professors.
Upon program completion, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand how to study an innovative market
- Master key success factors ranging from recruiting of the founding team to the management of differing backgrounds, interests and implications
- Identify and obtain support for a project through networking
- Calculate financial needs and find funding through capital investment, borrowing or subsidies
- Identify and seize opportunities to raise funds; anticipate and implement exit strategies
- Convince partners and investors in a few minutes or seconds
- Conceive and achieve a convincing business plan
- Acquire key understanding around creating a digital business
- Understand entrepreneurial issues linked to sustainable development
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and avoid fear of failure, move forward with confidence and success.
|Intake 1||Intake 2||Intake 3|
|Monday, June 10 - Friday, June 21, 2019||Monday, June 24 - Friday, July 5, 2019||Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 19, 2019|
|Entrepreneurship - The Start-up Studio||Inclusive and Social Business Strategies||Investment Banking and International Finance|
|Geopolitics, Globalization and Business Strategy||Investment banking and International Finance||Luxury Management|
|Corporate Finance||Marketing for the Digital Era||Mergers and Aquisitions|
|Luxury Management||Financial Markets and Asset Management||Statistics and Business Analytics|
|Accelerated Luxury Management *||The Future of Energy|
*Full week on campus – preceded by intensive online study.