Entrepreneurship - The Start-up Studio
June 22 - July 3, 2020.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris professors
- Accessible to students of all backgrounds who wish to learn more about entrepreneurship, with or without a definite project
- Full spectrum of entrepreneurship’s aspects: management, marketing, strategy, finance, human resources
- High-level courses to master knowledge and know-how indispensable for the creation of a start-up (entrepreneurial spirit, market studies, networking, fundraising…
- Unparalleled opportunity to collaborate with diverse peers as part of student work group
- Real life experience: final presentation to jury of renowned professionals.
Entrepreneurship is a mix of all disciplines. Experience has shown that successful ventures require an understanding of management essentials, in particular, marketing, strategy, human resources, and finance, but also the knowledge to leverage best practices gained by skilled entrepreneurs. This is the philosophy of the Summer School program Entrepreneurship - The Start-Up Studio.
This intensive program is designed for participants who are tempted by an entrepreneurial endeavor, as well as young entrepreneurs with a concrete business idea in mind.
As part of the HEC Summer School program Entrepreneurship – The Start-up Studio, students will share their experiences and contribute to the development of new business ideas. HEC professors will ensure that participants leave the program with a thorough understanding of the critical concepts and tools required by a wide range of start-ups ranging from digital innovation and high technology to customer service among others.
Students will be coached in teams on the development of their specific business plans. At program close, participants will present their business plans to the class, and receive final feedback from professors.
Upon program completion, participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand how to study an innovative market
- Master key success factors ranging from recruiting of the founding team to the management of differing backgrounds, interests and implications
- Identify and obtain support for a project through networking
- Calculate financial needs and find funding through capital investment, borrowing or subsidies
- Identify and seize opportunities to raise funds; anticipate and implement exit strategies
- Convince partners and investors in a few minutes or seconds
- Conceive and achieve a convincing business plan
- Acquire key understanding around creating a digital business
- Understand entrepreneurial issues linked to sustainable development
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and avoid fear of failure, move forward with confidence and success.
Participants will be assessed based on the following:
- final exam
- team business projects
Successful completion of the program leads to the award of 7 ECTS credits*.
* All students seeking credit are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate the credit transfer.