June 22 - July 3, 2020.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Professors
- Leading Financial Markets experts contributing to program
- Designed both for participants specializing in finance and participants willing to expand financial market industry knowledge
- HEC Paris expertise in Finance: award-winning programs, number one pre-experience Global Master in Finance worldwide in 2018 (Financial Times)
Over the past decade, as the baby boomer generation has been nearing retirement age, the financial services industry has been growing at a double-digit pace. Rapidly developing industry segments, including financial advisory, fintech strategies, exchange-traded funds (ETF), hedge funds, fintech and private equity, promise to deliver high profitability with limited risks.
This intensive summer program provides students with in-depth financial market expertise. Based on interactions with market professionals, the Financial Markets Program combines fundamentals with real-life experience. Students will gain a thorough understanding of capital market products, investment and asset allocation techniques. By the end of the program, students will master financial techniques and the methods to ensure performance delivery for clients through active and passive asset management.
Through ready-to-use tools as well as a practical knowledge base, participants will be able to implement finance strategies and make appropriate decisions. Based on a real and recent Initial Public Offering (IPO), participants will define the most appropriate valuation range to offer investors in an Equity Capital Market transaction.
Coursework spans the following topics: (1) Financial analysis & valuation, (2) Trading and execution, including new fintech proposals, (3) Asset management process and fund trading, (4) Derivatives such as hedging tools or swap instruments, (5) Performance analysis, (6) Compliance, conformity and ethical issues, (7) Fundraising - Development of an asset management company.
In addition to a 21 hour-focus on the fundamentals, participants will attend several interactive sessions with professionals. Leading speakers, who can include CEOs, market professionals or strategists, will interact with students and discuss their recent fund launches.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will specifically be able to:
- Understand the inherent processes within the Financial Services industry
- Differentiate among the different forms of trading
- Master the key pillars of fintech strategies and proposals
- Identify market volatility risks
- Gain a clear understanding of the main asset classes
- Implement both active and passive investment strategies, including ETF construction
- Deliver performance within equity and debt capital market issuances
- Understand the most popular hybrid investment products
- Optimize portfolio management and hedging
- Gain familiarity with the different industry actors
Participants will be assessed based on the following:
- final exam
- team business projects
Successful completion of the program leads to the award of 7 ECTS credits.*
*All students seeking transfer credit are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate the credit transfer.