Bureau des Juristes HEC
Creating links between HEC Law students and legal professionals and firms, this society is looking for new members, even students who don’t study law are welcome! The Bureau des Juristes organises regular events and competitions for students interested in this field and who wish to be engaged with an active legal community both at HEC Paris and further afield.
The Bureau des Juristes HEC brings together the lawyers of HEC to create a legal community right here on campus. Visits with law professionals, firms and professors are organised for members of the association, as well as breakfasts and talks with prestigious institutions.
The society’s history:
The association BDJ HEC was founded in 2007 by students of the Major International Legal and Tax Strategy, who wished for unity among students of HEC that study law. Legal matters are not necessarily the most prominent topic on campus and it seemed necessary to create a small community to allow students to further develop new relationships with legal professionals. The BDJ is always looking for new ideas to develop and realise with regards to events, initiatives and activities to take part in.
- The flagship event of the year for the BDJ is the HEC Legal prize, which takes place at the end of November with the HEC Alumni. This event is a ceremony organised in partnership with HEC Alumni who work in the legal field. The award ceremony sees HEC Alumni who have graduated in the last 15 years, gain awards for their successes in the legal sector. The event brings together HEC students past and present for a truly special evening.
- Various conferences, information evenings and visits to institutions are also organised by the society.
Why join this society?
- All students interested in law can participate in various events organised by the BDJ. For example, the recent conference organised on the subject of M&A operations and the legal aspects of these operations attracted many non-law students. The organising team is welcoming students to help create new events, as the association is fairly new, there is an opportunity for students to really make an impact in a professional association, which can be very rewarding for both parties.
- The current president is Anissa Belgacem.
- There are approximately 9 active members in the committee.
- An important and valued sponsor of the society is LEXTENSO.