HEC & Middle East / Africa
African and Middle Eastern students represent, respectively, 6% and 2.5% of the student body at HEC Paris. The most represented nationalities on campus are Moroccans (about 100 students), Lebanese (over 40) and Ivorians (roughly 30 students) on campus.
Six academic partners in Africa:
- 1 in Morocco
- 2 in South Africa with WITS Business School and the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business
- 1 in Ghana with the University of Ghana Business School
- 1 in Nigeria with Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University
- 1 in Côte d’Ivoire with the Institut National Polytechnique Félix Houphouët-Boigny
2 in the Middle East:
- 2 in Israel: Technion Israel Institute of Technology and Tel Aviv University (TAU), Leon Recanati
The above academic partners contribute to students’ exchanges. There is a double degree agreement with Institut National Polytechnique Félix Houphouët-Boigny in Ivory Coast.
Executive Education Programs
In Qatar, HEC Paris offers a complete range of executive programs including:
- Qatar’s first international Executive MBA,
- a specialized Master's degree in Strategic Business Unit Management,
- non-degree management programs for executives, in the form of Executive Short Programs,
- custom-designed programs for individual companies.
Other executive programs delivered in direct connection with Africa include:
- an executive certificate on Strategic Business Unit Management delivered in Abidjan in partnership with the National Federation of Ivorian Enterprises.
- AGORA (Accompagnement Gouvernemental des Réformes en Afrique) custom programs to support governments implementing administrative reforms (read more)
- MSc Geopolitics & Geoeconomics of Emerging Africa, delivered in Morocco (read more)
South, Eastern Africa & Indian Ocean
- a four-day open program on Inclusive Business & Value Creation delivered in France (Calais) and in South Africa (Johannesburg). This program, sponsored by Danone, Schneider Electric and Renault, is part of the activities of the HEC Chair on “Social Business, Enterprise & Poverty”
- an executive certificate, and an EMBA major on Innovation & Social Business from a Sub-Saharan African perspective in Cape Town,
- an executive certificate in International Environment Management delivered in Antanarivo, Madagascar in partnership with the French Chamber of Commerce in Madagascar. 18 days, four modules over four months.
HEC Representative Offices
HEC Paris operates an Executive Education branch in Doha and a representative office in Abidjan.
- HEC Paris in Qatar: HEC Paris’s presence in Qatar goes back to 2010 when it joined Qatar Foundation in its mission to train future leaders of Qatar and the region. We aim to contribute to the transformation of the current carbon-based economy into an advanced, competitive and knowledge-based economy.
- In 2018, HEC Paris confirmed its presence in Western and Central Africa by opening a representative office in Abidjan. The aim is primarily to sustain the executive education activity in the region and to develop other business- and student-related initiatives.
HEC Alumni Chapters
13 HEC Chapters representing over 3,000 Alumni in Africa & Middle East, are located in Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Qatar (Gulf Cooperation Council), Senegal, South Africa and Tunisia.