- Have a Cause, Make an Impact
- Sustainable Operations & Supply Chains
- Strategy and Sustainable Development
- Responsible Investing
- Intellectual Capital, Intangible Assets and their Link with Sustainable Development
- HR and Unconventional Paradigm of Management
- Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods.
- Sustainable Business Planning – Business Plan Workshop
- Geopolitics of Energy and Transformation of Energy Paradigm
- Change Management
- Introduction to Consulting Methodology
- Innovation and Design Thinking
- NGO Management
- Interactive Discovery of Iso 26000
- Histoire de la critique du capitalisme*
- De l’économie sociale à la coopération 2.0*.
* These 2 electives are taught in French.
Impact Entrepreneurship Track
In partnership with HEC’s MS Entrepreneurs, students who have a solid entrepreneurial project can take the opportunity to work full-time on the development of their idea, mentored by experienced entrepreneurs and professionals. The Track includes:
- a Leadership seminar
- specific workshops
- a short consulting mission for a social entrepreneur.
Students choose at least 7 courses among the following:
- Radically Innovative Business Models and Sustainability
- Sustainable Cities
- Sustainable Operations and Supply Chain
- Sustainable Procurement - A Practioner Approach
- Managing Energy in The Company
- LCA, Sustainable Design and Marketing
- Consulting Methodology Seminar
- Issues Management and Community Relations
- Global Law
- Climate Change Economics
- Sustainable Development and Systemic Shocks
- Reinventing Work
- Critics of CSR Strategies.
Research Specialization Track
Students can lead a full-time personal research project, linked to a field experience or internship in France or abroad. Tained on the research methodology, they are mentored by members of the Faculty.
Optional exchange programs
- Norwegian School of Economics (NHH): MSc in Economics & Business Administration
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, São Paulo: Specialized Graduate Program in Sustainability.
- AgroParisTech: Programme Forêt Nature et Société (Exchange for students who already have a Masters degree prior to the MSc Sustainability and Social Innovation).
HEC provides students with online and on-campus upgrading courses in the following fields:
- Finance / Accounting
Mandatory for non-business profiles
How to Become a Changemaker
AlterLeader Series: Inspiration & Debating
Students enrolled in the Impact Intrapreneurship track work in teams on real life projects led for a company, an NGO, or a public organization, or an entrepreneurial project.
Examples of projects:
- Develop innovative social business models to feed SODEXO’s sustainability strategy
- Devise strategies to mainstream adoption of new sustainable building techniques in emerging countries for CLEIA
- Detail the business and financial planning for the CarbonCoin project, developed by the start-up G.A.M.E.
Optional double-degree programs
Norwegian School of Economics (NHH): MSc in Economics & Business Administration, with a Major in Energy, Natural Resources and the Environment ; Major in Economics or Major in Finance.
Fundação Getulio Vargas, São Paulo: Specialized Graduate Program in Sustainability.
Professional Economists, Business Leaders, Top Bank Managers, Consultancy Firms, Entrepreneurs are invited to lecture on important current issues throughout the year.
Examples of guest speakers:
- Freddie Tinga, Founder and Chairman of Global Electric Transportation
- Robin Cornelius, Founder and Executive President of Switcher
- Benoit Derenne, CEO of the Foundation for Future Generations
- Eric Julien, Anthropologist, Founder of the School of Nature and Knowledge and Co-Founder of Novasens Conseils
- Vincent Stanley, Director of Marketing at Patagonia
- Jean-Claude Vandenbosch, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Getronics.
Students must write a master's thesis to graduate from this program. It represents an important component of the MSc learning experience. The objective of the thesis is to explore cutting-edge research implementation in daily practice within a highly competitive marketing environment.
Every year, students go on a study trip to witness the sustainable development issues of other countries and to study the measures already implemented or those to be developed.
Previous study trips took place in:
- Burkina Faso
Read a study trip report by Vittoria Groh & Anukriti Dixit (Class of 2015)
The professional experience requirement is satisfied when the student completes a professional experience of at least 4 months in fields related to their coursework at HEC Paris. It is, however, important to stress that this professional experience may not be an internship per se.
Our policy at HEC Paris is that the best type of internship is a full-time job! We strongly encourage our students to look for permanent hiring as soon as the academic year starts.
As an international business school, HEC Paris welcomes students from all over the world. Almost one hundred nationalities live on the campus. It's a fantastic opportunity to discover other cultures and to share exceptional moments, and it's important that students can communicate as much as they wish.
HEC Paris Learning Center of Languages aims at helping students to learn or strengthen any language they would like, providing a wide range of I.T. and print resources.
Students do not need to speak French to enroll in the program as all core courses and most electives are offered in English. However, some knowledge of French can be useful to enjoy the full HEC experience, become professionally bicultural and optimize networking with French students and alumni. This is why HEC Paris offers optional French language classes.
Prior to their studies, students may also register for a two week French language course (TEF certificate – all levels) in August. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn French before joining the Campus (extra fees are applicable).
Sponsored by a company, Certificates are a set of interdisciplinary courses corresponding to approximately 100 contact hours as well as business projects and other types of field work related to a given sector. Each student selected (in the 1st semester) for a certificate will be awarded an additional HEC certificate if he/she validates all the requirements of the course.