Master in Management & Public Affairs HEC - FU BERLIN
The program offers you a perfect balance of theory and practice. Elective courses and numerous academic opportunities throughout the program at HEC and Freie Universität Berlin allow you to customize the curriculum to your own needs and aspirations.
- Year 1 at HEC Paris: Core courses in Management.
- Year 2 at Freie Universität Berlin: Courses in Political Science and Administration
- A joint Franco-German seminar on intercultural management during the year at HEC.
The two-year Program may be extended by a gap year after year II. This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain company work experience and added exposure to professional conditions.
- Master Thesis
Students are required to write a research-oriented master thesis at the end of their studies at Freie Universität.
- French, German and English
Language courses are offered at both Institutions.
- Business Performance Management
- Company Law
- Corporate Finance
- Decision and Data Modeling
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Economics
- Financial Markets
- Leading Organizations
- Methods of Cost Analysis
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Language courses (including a compulsory French course in the first semester of M1).
+ One of the following courses:
- Bayesian Decision Analysis
- Credit Rating
- Financial Geography in Central and Eastern Europe
- Inside Venture Capital
- International Banking
- Mergers & Acquisition and Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Financial Analysis
- Modeling and Data Analysis
- Project Finance
- Business Strategy for the Digital Age
- Comparative Politics of Latin America
- Euro-American Comparative Politics
- Geopolitics of the Arctic
- Implementing Strategy
- Understanding The Middle East: Economic and Strategic Fundamentals
HR, Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development
- Ethics and Sustainability
- Global Human Resources Management
- Introduction To 21st-Century Energy Challenges
- Intercultural Management & HR
- Leading Change: Winning Hearts and Minds
- Technologies, Climate Change and Future of Energy
- International Marketing
- Marketing Models for Practical Decision Making and Consulting
- New Product Development
- Sports Marketing
- Wine Marketing
Electives taught in French
- Apprendre à concevoir un site web
- Assurance : principes et défis
- Droit des fusions et acquisitions
- Droit du travail : relations individuelles et relations collectives
- Droit européen
- De la stratégie militaire au succès dans l’entreprise
- Entreprises et développement durable
- Exercer un management responsable
- Financement de l’innovation et des startups
- Fusions-Acquisitions : stratégie et mise en œuvre
- Gagner la préférence clients : nouvel enjeu stratégique des entreprises
- Générer du trafic en ligne et le convertir en (vrais) clients
- Gestion de Patrimoine
- Initiation à la création d’une entreprise innovante
- Innovation : préparer le futur avec la méthode des scénarios
- Introduction au capital investissement (private equity)
- La finance au service de la stratégie d’entreprise
- Le business modèle du low-cost
- Le pouvoir des images façonne-t-il notre vision du monde ?
- Le secteur économique du tourisme
- Les fondamentaux techniques du web, du mobile et de l’esprit start-up
- Management des industries culturelles
- Modélisation financière : business plan
- Politiques sociales
- Pratique et enjeux de la distribution
- Responsabilité sociale de l’entreprise
- Stratégie comparée
- Systèmes Sociaux et Compétitivité
The program at Freie Universität Berlin consists of modules taken from the Master's program in Political Science, as well as a seminar on comparative administrative studies, designed especially for the students of this program. Students also participate in a seminar on methods in political science to help them in the preparation of their Master's thesis.
Introduction and Fundamentals of Administrative Sciences
Theory and Fundamentals of Politics:
- Political Philosophy and History of Political Thought
- Constitution of Political Order
- Political Systems
- Comparative and Regional Political Analysis
- Global Governance
- International Economic Relations and Regional Integration.
Most of the courses are taught in German, some are taught in English. Mandatory introductory module,three of the other six modules
Double your Chances
As top-ranked international universities, we are aware of our responsibilities regarding the education of our future leaders. Intercultural competencies are becoming increasingly important as the job market becomes more and more international. The new generation of leaders does not only need specialists. Decision-makers in politics and business also have to be able to act as the interface between nations and cultures, as well as between political and business worlds.
HEC Paris and Freie Universität Berlin accommodate this need with the integrated German-French Double Master program in "Public Policy & Management."
The degree program, completed in equal parts in Germany and France, the core countries of the European Union, also explicitly addresses students from other continents, who will thus be able to gain insight into the politics, economics and cultures of Europe.
We have therefore created an innovative and international degree program, which is guided by the current demands of the job market and provides an interdisciplinary and intercultural education at the highest possible level.
Dean of HEC Paris
|Dr. Sabine von Oppeln,
Freie Universität Berlin