Investment Banking and International Finance
On-Campus: June 19 - June 30, 2023.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Earn an HEC Paris Certificate following successful completion of the program.
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Courses based on real-life and recent case studies
- Accessible to non-Finance students (e.g. engineering and other backgrounds)
- Leading guest speakers during case-study discussions
- HEC Paris expertise in Finance: award-winning programs, number one Masters in Finance Pre-experience 2022 (Financial Times)
The globalized economy creates increasing demand for professionals with well-established international corporate finance expertise. Combining fundamental learning and real-life practice, the course prepares students to undertake careers in investment banking, or corporate finance areas. Through both ready-to-use tools and practical knowledge, participants will be able to implement finance strategies and make appropriate decisions. The intensive summer program addresses the following topics:
- Financial analysis
- Start-up Valuation and Fund raising
- Debt and Hybrid financing
- Development Financing
- Window Dressing
- M&A and Brand Valuation.
Students will benefit from the experience of leading guest speakers who may include CEOs, Chief Financial Officers and Investment Bankers.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Apply Investment Banking tools successfully
- Recognize key accounting principles and links among the 3 main financial statements
- Analyze a company’s financial performance
- Understand company decisions on capital structure
- Ascertain how company stakeholders work together despite diverging interests
- Identify the ways companies raise funds (debt and equity) as well as the associated costs
- Comprehend the methods CFOs/CEOs and Investment Bankers use to value companies
- Identify key drivers of M&A transactions
- Analyze an M&A transaction
- Understand the purpose of leveraged buyouts (LBOs), their structure and means of success.
Participants will be evaluated based on the following:
- final exam
- team business projects
This is an accredited program. Students seeking credit are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate the credit transfer.