Online: June 28 - July 9, 2021.
The schedule will include Saturday classes.
What will the format be?
This summer program will take place in a distance learning capacity - students should plan for remote classroom sessions between 8 am and 7 pm (CET). All course recordings will be made available to best accommodate students in different time zones. More details regarding logistics will be provided prior to program start.
Participants will have the opportunity to work both individually and as part of teams during the program.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Courses based on real-life and recent case studies
- Accessible to non-Finance students (e.g. engineering and other backgrounds)
- Leading guest speakers during case-study discussions
- HEC Paris expertise in Finance: award-winning programs, number 1 pre-experience Global Master in Finance worldwide in 2018 (Financial Times)
The globalized economy creates increasing demand for professionals with well-established international corporate finance expertise. Combining fundamental learning and real-life practice, the course prepares students to undertake careers in investment banking, or corporate finance areas. Through both ready-to-use tools and practical knowledge, participants will be able to implement finance strategies and make appropriate decisions. The intensive summer program addresses the following topics:
- Financial analysis
- Start-up Valuation and Fund raising
- Debt and Hybrid financing
- Development Financing
- Window Dressing
- M&A and Brand Valuation.
Students will benefit from the experience of leading guest speakers who may include CEOs, Chief Financial Officers and Investment Bankers.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Apply Investment Banking tools successfully
- Recognize key accounting principles and links among the 3 main financial statements
- Analyze a company’s financial performance
- Understand company decisions on capital structure
- Ascertain how company stakeholders work together despite diverging interests
- Identify the ways companies raise funds (debt and equity) as well as the associated costs
- Comprehend the methods CFOs/CEOs and Investment Bankers use to value companies
- Identify key drivers of M&A transactions
- Analyze an M&A transaction
- Understand the purpose of leveraged buyouts (LBOs), their structure and means of success.
Participants will be evaluated based on the following:
- final exam
- team business projects
Successful completion of the program leads to the award of 7 ECTS credits.*
(*) All students are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate credit transfer.