Master of Science X-HEC Entrepreneurs
The program aims to engage students in the entrepreneurial reality. You will therefore be immersed in concrete, field-based entrepreneurial missions that will enable you to develop your entrepreneurial way of thinking, before working on your own project.
The MSc program includes:
- Compulsory classes
- Electives based on chosen stream
- Classes to develop soft skills
- A field trip
- An internship as the right hand of a CEO or the launch of a start-up
- A Master’s thesis
At the end of this program you will develop your skills in :
- Acquire, through action, the tools and methods to explore, identify and validate valuable and sustainable business opportunities as well as recover from crisis.
- Acquire, through seminars and by being embedded in real situations, soft skills and entrepreneurial leadership and mindset to develop and build a team and navigate uncertainty
- Build a team and develop a project, or take over an existing one, and apply to it the methods and skills acquired.
- Discover and analyze French and international entrepreneurial ecosystems through visits, LEX and conferences
- Quizzes, exercices
- Case studies
- Business games and role-playing games
- Action projects
- Professional immersions
- A master's thesis (research paper)
In this phase you will master the key approaches to entrepreneurship through the practice-based classes taught for each mission: “Start-up” followed by “Restructuring”, alongside 5 seminars. You will also deepen your knowledge in a particular field (Retail, Hospitality, Health, Neurosciences, Fintech, Energy, etc.) and a particular technology (Blockchain, Digital, AI, etc.). Throughout this period, you will receive expert advice during two juries in order to help you define your start-up project.
Students will finish refining the ideas for their start-up and get to know the entrepreneurial journey of some alumni of the program during the first week of January during our emblematic Jura 2 seminar.
For the next three months, each team will work on their project in Paris or overseas, either in the US ‘Learn 2 Launch’ at UC Berkeley, or at Singapore Management University. Aside from immersing yourself in campus life, you will receive mentorship from professors who will help you develop your start-up project and discover a new entrepreneurial environment.
Following this three-month stint, you will embark on a study trip, where you will meet the founders of various start-ups and gain a clearer vision of your own entrepreneurial projects.
In this phase you will pursue your personal project. Either by developing the project started during Phase 2 (‘Test’) or by doing an internship as the right hand of an entrepreneur.
You will have the opportunity to acquire more soft skills such as leadership during the seminar at École Navale (The French Naval Academy).
In order to graduate, you also have to write and defend a thesis on a subject of your choice, but preferably a reflection on the different phases of the master.
Your Master's Degree
HEC Paris is accredited by the “Bienvenue en France” certification, by the Campus France organization and the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation for the quality of the reception of its international students. We have obtained the highest level of accreditation, recognizing the quality of HEC Paris for reception in all the criteria provided:
- The quality and accessibility of information
- Reception facilities and the integration process within school and life in France
- Academic support and availability of English-speaking staff and the teaching community
- Housing and quality of life on campus
- The quality of post-graduation follow-up and career placement
This program has been accredited the label of Master of Science (MSc) by the Conference des Grandes Ecoles.
Requiring 450 hours of teaching and an internship of at least 4 months, this accreditation is a testament to the international approach of our program. Requiring at least 50% of the course to be taught in English, programs accredited with this label allow students to gain a high-level specialized education, preparing students for the real-life business environment, notably within an international context.