Next40 and FT 120 rankings: HEC graduates at the center of the game
The 2021 edition of the Next40 and French Tech 120 (FT120), which identify the most promising French start-ups, was unveiled Monday, February 8 by the government. Find here the start-ups that were distinguished on this occasion, and which were co-founded by HEC Paris graduates.
The French Tech Next40/120 ranking was launched in 2019, with the aim of promoting high-potential start-ups and identifying tomorrow's technology leaders, while helping them focus on their growth. For the second edition of this list of winners, the emphasis was also placed on diversity with the creation of a Board Impact. This committee aims to set up commitments that French Tech 120 start-ups will then be encouraged to follow and respect.
The FT120 now welcomes around 30 new start-ups and the Next40 is receiving 12 new ones, 9 of which come from the first class of the FT120.
L’Incubateur HEC Paris was proud to celebrate the entry of two of its start-ups into the FT120 ranking!
- Luko, a home insurance and household protection service, founded in 2016 by Raphaël Vullierme (MS HEC Entrepreneurs 2014) and Benoît Bourdel (X2011),
- and Medadom, a platform that provides patients with video-consultations with doctors, 7 days a week, through web applications and tele-connected kiosks, founded by Elie-Dan Mimouni and Nathaniel Bern.
Let's hope this is the beginning of a long series!
"To go after a gigantic highly regulated and competitive market you just need to learn one thing ... to dare" - Raphaël Vullierme
As far as the HEC Paris community as a whole is concerned, the situation is very positive:
- 10 companies have HEC co-founders, i.e. 25% of the Next40 ranking.
- 24 start-ups have one or more HEC co-founders, i.e. 20% of the FT120
Today, HEC Paris graduates are at the origin of the creation of 4 French unicorns. As a reminder, a unicorn is a startup with a valuation of more than 1 billion dollars, whose growth is so dazzling that it can afford to raise several million dollars or euros in one round to continue its development.
- Mirakl : Provides the technology, expertise, and partner ecosystem needed to launch an ecommerce marketplace. With the Mirakl Marketplace Platform, both B2B and B2C businesses can offer more, learn more and sell more: increase the number of products available for buyers, grow the lifetime value of customers, while anticipating buyer needs and preferences. - Co-founded in 2011 by Adrien Nussenbaum, H2001. Was part of the Next40 in 2020.
- Doctolib : Doctolib is a Franco-German company founded in 2013 by Stanislas Niox-Château (H2010). Developed for healthcare professionals, it provides a suite of software and services to improve working conditions, save them time, develop their practice and improve the care of their patients. Doctolib helps patients access care more easily and quickly and manage their health online more simply. Was part of the the Next40 in 2020.
- Ynsect : World leader in natural insect ingredient production. The company transforms insects into premium, high-value ingredients for pets, fish, and plants. From its purpose-built state of the art farms, Ynsect offers an organic, long-term solution to accelerating consumption of protein. Ynsect uses pioneering proprietary technology protected by c.30 patents to produce mealworms in carbon negative vertical farms. Co-founded in 2011 by Jean-Gabriel Levon (2009 HEC - Master Strategic Management). Part of the Next40 in 2020.
- Ivalua : Ivalua is a French start-up company that develops a Saas-based purchasing management software. The company was founded in 2000 by David Khuat-Duy in Orsay, France.
This observation encouraged us to go a little further, by trying to estimate fundraising in 2020. HEC alumni and founders from all HEC Paris programs have raised more than 1.1 billion in 2020.
In addition, the startup of the Incubateur HEC Paris have raised €141 million (+135% vs. 2019).
HEC Challenge+ records 88 million euros for all the projects supported by the program.
Find the list and fundraising information for all the projects, start-ups and companies supported by the HEC Paris Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center programs: HEC Paris Incubator, HEC Challenge+, HEC Stand Up, ESS Accelerator ...