Students and Faculty
MSc Strategic Management
Learn from HEC’s world-class faculty and interact with inspiring students from the best Universities around the world
70% International students
23 Average age
700 Median GMAT
Today’s business environment experiences constant and rapid change. Globalization, financial crises, the development of digital business models and emerging markets are causing drastic uncertainty among well established organizations. Firms need to be efficient in their response, embracing technological change and undertaking strategic action such as mergers, acquisitions and alliances.
These challenges signify a growing demand for strategic skills:
- Multinational firms must refine their strategies, and continuously change their day-to-day practices.
- Strategic Consultancy firms must constantly demonstrate the added value they provide to their clients.
- Investment banks and corporate venture capital must shape new alliances, mergers and acquisitions.
As a result, the market today requires the highest standard of technical training; the HEC MSc Strategic Management meets this demand. Taught entirely in English, the program lasts 10 months and is actively supported by top international consulting firms, leading companies and investment banks which energetically take part in its curriculum through business cases and numerous real-life company projects.
Participants from all around the world will benefit from the program’s international exposure, the involvement of corporate partners and the reputation of HEC Paris as a leading business school in Europe.
We look forward to welcoming you on campus.
Around 50% of courses are taught by academic professors and researchers from HEC Paris and other universities and around 50% taught by professionals holding key positions in the private or public sector:
- Laurence Lehmann Ortega, Academic Director, Affiliate Professor, winner of the 2015 Pierre Vernimmen Teaching Award
- Thomas Astebro, Professor
- Matthieu de Chanville (HEC 1998), Senior Principal, AT Kearney
- Olivier Chatain, Associate Professor
- Giada Di Stefano, Assistant Professor
- Rodolphe Durand, Professor
- Oliver Gottschalg, Associate Professor
- Philippe Greco, CEO, Concomitance - Strategy, Sales and Marketing
- Eric Hazan (HEC 1992), Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Ambroise Huret (HEC 2000), Partner, Eleven Strategy
- Frédéric Iselin, Affiliate Professor
- Sri Kudaravalli, Associate Professor
- Yann Le Fur (HEC 1995), Senior Banker, Natixis
- Michel Lander, Assistant Professor
- Bertrand Limoges (HEC 2000), Partner, Isatis Capital
- Elie Matta, Associate Professor
- Marie-Laure Michaud, Principal, The Boston Consulting Group
- Joseph Nehme, Affiliate Professor
- Michaël Ogrinz (HEC 2000), Partner, Advent International
- Gonçalo Pacheco de Almeida, Associate Professor
- Archag Touloumian (HEC 2009), Engagement Manager, Oliver Wyman
- Bertrand Quélin, Professor
- Marc Vermeulen, Affiliate Professor
HEC Paris is one of the world’s top research schools in economics and management. Our faculty push the boundaries of knowledge by producing the highest quality research. They aim to have an impact on pedagogy, management practices, public policies and society at large.Find out more