Jump HEC organises yearly show jumping events on campus. Over 500 riders and more than 1000 spectators gather to watch this hugely exciting event. Currently organising the 49th edition of the event, students are welcome to sign up and compete, or come to show your support for the competitors.
- The society aims to organise a grand show jumping event at HEC, for everyone to watch and take part in. This event gathers over 500 riders and more than 1000 spectators every year. Students who are members of the organisation team have the chance to organise a professional sporting event from start to finish.
- The main event is the competition itself. This year the event will take place on June 7, 8 and 9th 2019. The rest of the year is devoted to its preparation: organising, advertising, management of partnerships, budget realisation and much more.
Why join this society?
- For students who are passionate about horse riding, it is a chance to join a society that will allow you to take this passion further and create an event that will leave lasting memories. For others, it is a professional opportunity that puts students in contact with companies that place them at the forefront of organisation and management of a prestigious sporting event.
- The current president is Mathilde Marin.
- There are approximately 12 members who organise the main event.
- Jump is in partnership with Deloitte as well as numerous other start-ups from the horse-riding world who come to exhibit during the contest (Naski, West island, Optitro, Côté Crin.
- The main patron of Jump HEC is José Letartre, a bronze medallist at the 1996 Paralympic Games, who also competes at the JUMP HEC.
The society’s history:
Jump HEC is in its 49th year, making it one of the longest-standing societies at HEC Paris to date. Over the years the event has gained high levels of recognition and attention, attracting new competitors every year. One of its main features is that the event offers a grass track and derby- a major factor in its success.